Whether it’s a mid-size health insurance company or a large-scale e-commerce service provider, storage servers play an important role in terms of data management for any business operation. Along with the increasing amounts of data generated and transported through network connections, it’s crucial to efficiently process and store the data, while enabling data access, yet maintaining security. Whatever the use or data applications, storage servers can are used where a large amount of data is transmitted, gathered and processed for analysis and business operations.
Challenges & Requirements
• In applications, like commercial auto fleet telematics, where continuous data processing and feedback is required, it’s crucial to build a storage system that guarantees stable and reliable performance at all times.
• In mission critical and vital business applications, storage servers need to be equipped with memory that provides key features such as power loss data protection, encryption protection and reliable performance for the storage servers to maintain data validity.
• In addition to traditional DRAM, storage systems also require reliable Flash devices in the storage server management unit to store operating system and application codes so it can capture operation log files and secure critical metadata from system memory in a sudden system power loss event.
SMART Modular Solutions
• SMART's DuraMemory DRAM offer multiple form factors from LRDIMM, RDIMM, UDIMM, SO-DIMM, Mini-DIMM, XRDIMM and MIP with stable performance across typical industrial temperature range. Additional features, such as memory module burn-in, 30μin gold-coated contacts, underfill, conformal coating, anti-sulfur resistors and retention clips, are the features that differentiate SMART Modular’s rugged, industrial memory modules. Known for long-life stability and reliable computing capabilities, they are preferred by designers for high-intensity industrial workloads.
• SMART's DuraFlash 3D NAND SSDs, including 2.5" SATA, M.2 SATA, mSATA, SATA Slim, SATA DOM, M.2 and U.2 PCIe NVMe modules, are designed for intensive workloads as well as cost-sensitive applications. With distinguished value-adds, such as data integrity, burn-in, industrial temperature and optimized firmware. Optional SafeDATA™ power loss data protection provides an even higher level of performance for data integrity and reliability.
• SMART’s DuraFlash BGA NVMe SSDs provide small embedded systems with fast access and reliable PCIe NVMe storage crafted for high-performance, light weight and mission-critical industrial applications.