Whether it’s operating a single retail store or as part of a chain, the Point-of-Sales (POS) system is the center of the business operation, integrating all processes from a sales transaction. From inventory checks, customer purchase information, or keyed-in credit card payments, an efficient point-of-sales system plays a critical role in retail operation performance. Moreover, with the development of AIoT technology, a powerful POS server for self-service operations, such as with a kiosk or ATM, can integrate advanced surveillance systems with content and visual analysis.
Challenges & Requirements
• As POS systems process critical information during a transaction, it is necessary to deploy a reliable and robust system that can perform under operational stress or sudden power loss.
• Data gathering from a POS system provides deeper consumer insights for businesses to anticipate consumer demand. POS systems also require the ability for high speed computing so they can handle intensive workloads, while providing timely responses to urgent situations which might occur in retail settings.
• Like any other physical device, a POS system may also require software upgrades, component replacement or some kind of add-in from time to time. When such a situation occurs, components like memory must be flexible, compatible and reliable during the maintenance or upgrade process for a smooth transition.
SMART Modular Solutions
• SMART's DuraMemory DRAM offer multiple form factors from LRDIMM, RDIMM, UDIMM, SO-DIMM, Mini-DIMM, XRDIMM and MIP with stable performance across typical industrial temperature range. Additional features, such as memory module burn-in, 30μin gold-coated contacts, underfill, conformal coating, anti-sulfur resistors and retention clips, are the features that differentiate SMART Modular’s rugged, industrial memory modules. Known for long-life stability and reliable computing capabilities, they are preferred by designers for high-intensity industrial workloads.
• SMART's DuraFlash 3D NAND SSDs, including 2.5" SATA, M.2 SATA, mSATA, SATA Slim, SATA DOM, M.2 and U.2 PCIe NVMe modules, are designed for intensive workloads as well as cost-sensitive applications. With distinguished value-adds, such as data integrity, burn-in, industrial temperature and optimized firmware. Optional SafeDATA™ power loss data protection provides an even higher level of performance for data integrity and reliability.
• SMART’s DuraFlash BGA NVMe SSDs provide small embedded systems with fast access and reliable PCIe NVMe storage crafted for high-performance, light weight and mission-critical industrial applications.