With the rapid rise of IoT and IIoT, the demand for connectivity has transformed networking. Today’s networks are scaling at an exponential rate, processing huge amounts of data that are stored for analysis. Reliable, proven memory is vital to ensure the hyper-fast transmission of all that data, as well as storage of the data exchanged between edge devices and network hubs. Whether the scale of network is between two locations or built for thousands of connected devices in different places around the world, there will be huge amounts of data constantly being processed whenever the network is running. That is why the right memory solutions are so important – to ensure data will be processed quickly and stored securely regardless of the demand placed on the network.
Challenges and Requirements
• As tasks in industrial applications are becoming more complex in nature, they still require high capacity performance, reliable computing to handle light to heavy workloads with work cycles that vary from hours to around the clock.
• Access to systems that operate in harsh environments is sometimes difficult, so it’s important to design a durable system in place – one that has a long operating life and can withstand a variety of environmental conditions.
• Most data generated from industrial applications are high-value and sensitive, requiring specific safeguards to access as well as securing the data. It is important to build a storage solution with a small footprint to fit in space-constrained locations, while providing reliability, power-efficiency and unbreakable data encryption security.
SMART Modular Solutions
• SMART's DuraMemory DRAM offering includes UDIMM, SO-DIMM, VLP/ULP UDIMM and Mini UDIMM with enterprise-grade performance and reliability required for networking systems. Standard added features include memory module burn-in, 30μin gold-coated contacts, underfill, conformal coating, anti-sulfur resistors and retention clips. These features differentiate SMART Modular’s rugged industrial memory modules in terms of life-long stability and reliable computing.
• SMART's DuraFlash™ 3D NAND SSD products, including 2.5" SATA, M.2 SATA, mSATA, SATA Slim, SATA DOM, M.2 and U.2 PCIe NVMe modules are designed for networking workloads and cost-sensitive applications with additional features such as data integrity, memory module burn-in, industrial temperature and optimized firmware. Optional SafeData™ power loss data protection provides the next level in data integrity and reliability.
• SMART’s DuraFlash™ Card Compact Flash (CF), SD and microSD cards come with on-board error detection and correction algorithms, plus static and dynamic wear-leveling algorithms with industrial-grade operating temperature parameters to ensure continuous reliable operation.
• In networking applications where Flash storage device solutions with high performance, low latency and robust signal integrity are required, SMART Modular's DuraFlash™ 3D NAND SSD product, including 2.5" SATA, M.2 SATA, mSATA, SATA Slim, SATA DOM, M.2 and U.2 PCIe NVMe modules are ideal for networking and optimized for performance consistency in continuous duty cycles and workload applications. Equipped with more advanced values, SMART Modular’s DuraFlash™ SSD ME series delivers features like SMART Modular's proprietary SafeDATA™ power loss data protection, advanced error detection and correction, internal data redundancy coding (RAID & LDPC), wide temperature support (-40°C to 85°C), AES256 encryption and security erase to ensure stability and security in storage solutions.