Use of digital and video monitoring has expanded by leaps and bounds, and has become more sophisticated for transmitting digital signals. Monitoring systems are now expected to provide megapixel quality on a 24/7 basis, whether it’s for safety, personal or business protection, crime prevention, or for other types of content analysis such as facial analysis and streaming data. When not transmitting recorded images by digital signal, the surveillance system in the analog setting functions as a monitoring tool for safety concerns. In either mode of operation, SMART Modular offers a variety of storage solutions for high-performance monitoring needs.
Challenges and Requirements
• With content analysis features, video footage is now considered valuable for business optimization, as well as for law enforcement purposes. Clear, clean video live-streaming and high-performance storage are all critical factors when enabling accurate video identification.
• Surveillance monitoring operates continuously, day and night. With non-stop recording and streaming demands, the longevity and stability of both storage and memory solutions are important to consider in meeting the needs of 24/7 recording workloads.
• Data encryption is also an important factor to ensure personal privacy in security situations, as well as keeping sensitive data secured.
• Surveillance and video monitoring systems are installed in a wide variety of environments where power supplies can be unstable and require extra storage space in the local device to ensure data is saved.
SMART Modular Solutions
• SMART's DuraFlash 3D NAND SSDs, including 2.5" SATA, M.2 SATA, mSATA, SATA Slim, SATA DOM, M.2 and U.2 PCIe NVMe modules, are designed for video monitoring and surveillance applications.
• SMART’s DuraFlash SD and microSD cards are ideal for portable devices and come equipped with on-board error detection and correction algorithms, plus static and dynamic wear-leveling algorithms to ensure reliable overtime operation.
• SMART's DuraMemory DRAM offering includes UDIMM, SO-DIMM, VLP/ULP UDIMM and Mini UDIMM which provide differentiated value-added features, such as 30μin gold finger, underfill, conformal coating and retention clips delivering the level of quality and reliability required for surveillance applications.