With the advent of Industry 4.0, also known as Industrial IoT (IIoT), many components of manufacturing are being connected so they can “talk” together. Today’s modern manufacturing operations collect massive amounts of data from these connected machines, as well as devices and other equipment-- simultaneously. Therefore, integrated data communication during manufacturing is imperative. Memory solutions that store all of this complex collected data and also help share it to and from each connected device are business critical. SMART Modular memory modules undergo triple stress testing before they are deployed in the field, and can handle the rigors of transferring, integrating and storing the large amounts of data demanded by IIoT applications.
Challenges and Requirements
• Factory applications may reside in harsh conditions, so it is crucial to utilize robust systems to ensure smooth operation despite the possibility of vibration, extreme temperature variability and other operating and environmental factors.
• Reliable, high-speed computing ability is a necessity for data storage, analytics and operating modifications.
• Sudden power failure can mean catastrophic data loss unless high-quality memory solutions with pFail are used in critical industrial systems and allow for data to be flushed to data storage.
SMART Modular Solutions
• SMART's DuraFlash 3D NAND SSDs, including 2.5" SATA, M.2 SATA, mSATA, SATA Slim, SATA DOM, M.2 and U.2 PCIe NVMe modules, are designed for intensive workloads in IIoT applications.
• SMART’s DuraFlash BGA NVMe SSDs are small embedded systems with fast access speed and reliable PCIe NVMe storage crafted for high-performance, light weight mission-critical industrial applications.
• SMART's DuraMemory DRAM offer includes UDIMM, SO-DIMM, VLP/ULP UDIMM and Mini UDIMM with enterprise-grade performance and reliability required for industrial storage devices. What differentiates SMART Modular’s rugged industrial memory modules are added features such as 30μin gold-coated contacts, underfill, conformal coating, anti-sulfur resistors and retention clips that meet life-long stability and reliable computing. SMART also burns in the memory to ensure proper functionality under harsh conditions.