Medical computing is undergoing a revolution, whether it’s patient-to-physician telemedicine or sophisticated medical research and DNA analysis. 5G is also an important factor as doctors and nurses utilize tablets on rounds to analyze medical records, study patient X-rays or lab results to determine next step procedures. In medical on-scene situations, EMTs require the ability to transmit and receive information regarding patients en route to a hospital. Medical computing requires everything from simple digital imaging to sophisticated medical research analysis in biomedical informatics. Edge Computing is utilized more and more in medical computing for data transmission, analysis and storage, and integration, depending on the medical application.
Challenges and Requirements
• Cloud computing is saving hospitals and medical research millions in costs and is being utilized with increasingly significant speed. With cloud computing, encryption is a necessary component with all the sensitive data held by healthcare organizations and transmitted to various levels of providers.
• Applied health care requires a variety of data and computing needs, such as virtual patient care, the utilization of data to access a variety of healthcare portals or platforms, disease management dashboards, decision support, process automation, and others.
• New information technologies, such as large-scale machine learning, voice technologies, natural language processing and privacy management for patient information and data mining in medical research.
SMART Modular Solutions
• SMART's DuraMemory DRAM offer multiple form factors from LRDIMM, RDIMM, UDIMM, SO-DIMM, Mini-DIMM, XRDIMM and MIP with stable performance across typical industrial temperature range. Additional features, such as memory module burn-in, 30μin gold-coated contacts, underfill, conformal coating, anti-sulfur resistors and retention clips, are the features that differentiate SMART Modular’s rugged, industrial memory modules. Known for long-life stability and reliable computing capabilities, they are preferred by designers for high-intensity industrial workloads.
• SMART's DuraFlash 3D NAND SSDs, including 2.5" SATA, M.2 SATA, mSATA, SATA Slim, SATA DOM, M.2 and U.2 PCIe NVMe modules, are designed for intensive workloads as well as cost-sensitive applications. With distinguished value-adds, such as data integrity, burn-in, industrial temperature and optimized firmware. Optional SafeDATA™ power loss data protection provides an even higher level of performance for data integrity and reliability.
• SMART’s DuraFlash BGA NVMe SSDs provide small embedded systems with fast access and reliable PCIe NVMe storage crafted for high-performance, light weight and mission-critical industrial applications.