Artificial Intelligence (AI) is the field of computer science where a system performs tasks akin to those requiring human intelligence in an action process, such as distinguishing sounds or decision-making tasks. AI applications present themselves in a variety of formats, such as the iPhone’s interactive Siri, false content detection on social media, YouTube video recommendations or route recommendations in Google Maps. The Internet is helping to spur data generation collected for AI analysis, assisting in personal communication, user data analysis and business strategy planning. Even more advanced development in computing and communication technologies looms for AI applications in fields like disease mapping, self-driving vehicles and other applications where memory will play a vital role.
Challenges and Requirements
• Machine learning and deep learning are two common methods AI systems use for performing specific tasks. To efficiently utilize these two major techniques, memory in AI requires solid storage and high speed computing to effectively process and categorize data.
• As AI operations process critical information and respond simultaneously, it’s necessary to deploy a reliable and robust solution for stable performance even under sudden power loss.
• It’s common to implement AI operations for applications requiring data insights in important decision-making processes. It’s critical to implement robust storage and memory solutions that provide reliable performance in harsh conditions because these applications occur in a wide variety of environments.
SMART Modular Solutions
• AI is a data-intensive application that generates and processes large amounts of data. SMART Modular's DuraMemory NVDIMM, persistent memory with SafeStor™ encryption, dramatically accelerates system performance for logging, tiering, caching and write buffering, making it an ideal memory solution for AI applications. NVDIMMs are an ideal solution for dramatically accelerating system performance for AI and ML applications.
• SMART Modular's Enterprise Memory is used for mission-critical applications where memory failures are not an option and highly reliable, uninterrupted AI and ML service is mandatory. The modules undergo a rigorous and comprehensive 3-part Enterprise Test Process that includes stress, temperature and time. SMART’s unique and proven screening process using custom-built test equipment and software results in only the highest quality, most reliable memory modules shipping to customers.
• SMART Modular's DuraFlash 3D NAND SSDs include 2.5" SATA, M.2 SATA, mSATA, SATA Slim, M.2 and U.2 PCIe NVMe and are optimized for performance consistency in continuous duty cycles and workloads. Data integrity, burn-in, industrial temperature and optimized firmware are additional value-added features. Optional SafeDATA™ power loss data protection also provides next-level in data integrity and reliability.
• SMART Modular’s DuraFlash MDC7000 Data Center/Enterprise SSD is compliant with EDSFF. The E1.S form factor is optimized with low latency and low power consumption for 24/7 operations requiring consistent input/output demanded in AI applications. SafeDATA™ power loss data protection is also featured for the MDC7000 enterprise-class SSD.